Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Mending -- Expanding my Skills


One of the things on my to learn list was how to replace a zipper.  I know how to sew one in, but replacing one can be a beast of a different nature.  The opportunity presented itself when my husband broke the zipper on a favored pair of pants.

Taking the zipper out required some maneuvering because of all the lining.
After careful consideration, I actually hand stitched this one in.  


One less item is now in the mending pile.
As if that isn't enough reward on its own --
I can mark that off my to learn list.
My husband gets to keep these pants.
I didn't have to toss them and shop for another pair.
He didn't pay someone else to fix them.
And biggest bonus of all --
He thinks I am a genius!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...