Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Chocolate Tart Filling Recipe

The chocolate tarts are super easy to make.

Start with any crust of your choice.  I simply used a vegan choice from the freezer section.  I try to keep a box in the freezer for emergency dessert situations.  I have tried homemade crusts with no problem, made them with crushed graham crackers, used a cookie on bottom, and also made them in cupcake liners.

The filling is vegan.

Use 16 ounces of silken tofu, 3/4 cup of sugar, 6 or so tablespoons of cocoa powder and about 2 tbsp of vanilla flavoring.  Blend well together in a food processor.  Put in crusts and chill.

I actually cannot find the 16 ounce tofu and I use the box that is almost 13 ounces.  I decrease the vanilla and start with 1/2 cup of sugar.

This has a "not super sweet" chocolate taste, but you can add more sugar to taste.

This also makes a great quick chocolate pudding.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're most welcome. I cannot figure out what is wrong with your original comment. It keeps telling me it isn't there even though it definitely came to my email...lol. guess I am having computer woes this morning,

      Delete

Snuggles