Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Sometimes Convenience Is What Life's About

  So far this has turned into one of those weeks where out of necessity I have had to rely on convenience foods.   I knew the week would be busy and I tried to be as prepared as I could, but time seems to be getting away from me.

Yesterday I had two doctors' appointments and an hour and a half round trip to get to them.  Mid afternoon, when I arrived home, I helped my daughter finalize a project.  Mama came to spend the night and we had a quick supper because we were going to help my sister paint at her new house.  I pulled Boca Burgers and fries from the freezer.  Nothing fancy.

Today shaped up to be as busy.  Mama was here until mid-morning and I spent time doing some things with her.  We also researched several canning recipes for a future canning session.  About 11:30 I started my school work and when I looked up it was dark and well after 5:00.  I hadn't prepared anything in advance for supper and I could tell my blood sugar was already crashing.  I had just been so engrossed I didn't pay attention to the time.

I rummaged through the freezer and pulled out a back of pasta salad I bought from Aldi.  A quick addition of a can of chickpeas made a more balanced meal.  5 minutes in the microwave and I was good to go.
 

I ended up with enough for a good sized serving and some for lunch tomorrow.  It was actualy quite delicious and despite not being the most frugal item, it was far less expensive to make than take out would have been to buy.  (I have made a mental note to buy more of this if I find it in the store.  I may be having surgery later this month and I need some quick items my family can pull together.)  I like that I have lunch for tomorrow ready because the rest of the week is looking quite busy, too.  However, the end of the semester is in sight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...