Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Success -- Dairy Free and Nut Free Creamy Pasta Sauce


I've finally made a vegan creamy sauce for pasta that I love!  It doesn't have any nuts at all like so many of the recipes.  It also uses ingredients I keep on hand.  It is literally made up of soft tofu, lemon juice, water, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper.  I added parsley to mine.

After Brandy of The Prudent Homemaker
talked about marinated artichoke hearts a while back, I decided to pick some up to try incoporating into my diet.  I'm pretty much the only one here who will eat artichokes, but I couldn't think of how I would serve them.  In her suggestion, she uses them in pasta salad.  I have done that and was pleased with the results.  I've also drained some and put on pizza with good results.  This time I decided to pop a few in the microwave briefly to heat them up.  They were perfect on top of this pasta, which is an Aldi find.

For the sauce, I found the recipe online here.  Of course, I made a few changes.  I used onion from the freezer and water sautéed it along with the garlic.  I did add about a teaspoon of Greek olive oil for flavor.  I used bottled lemon juice because it is what I had on hand.  I reduced the salt to 1 1/2 teaspoons and that was plenty.  I added black pepper, because I don't buy white pepper.  I used dried parsley and blended it in the sauce.  In the future, I will probably serve this as an alfredo sauce substitute with vegan chickn and broccoli.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...