Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A New Toy


I freely admit I have a weakness for kitchen gadgets. 
My husband indulges it because he loves to eat.
For us it is a mutually beneficial arrangement.  :-)

I've been watching the air fryer craze for a while and had avoided getting one.
We finally bit the bullet and picked one up.
This is our early Christmas present and something we are hoping our daughter will warm up to using.
When we travel I worry about her not eating "warm" meals and surviving on mostly junk.
This is small, user friendly and pretty versatile.

For our test run I let my husband pick a dish to try and his choice was apple crisp.
I had four apples languishing on the counter so this was perfectly fine with me.
I used those four apples, which I didn't peel, for the base.
Some sugar, cinnamon, coconut oil, and whole wheat pastry flour finished the list of ingredients off.  Nothing too fancy about it.
In 30 minutes it was ready and the topping was wonderfully crisp.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...