Thursday, March 29, 2018

Frugal And Fun Happenings Last Week of March

I always start with the frugal, but how about the not so frugal first this time.  Just to change things up — Haha!

1.  I ran the dryer.  I’m on a time crunch with work and needs must kind of thing.
2.  I ordered a few scrapbooking supplies....low cost as I could, but still an expense.
3.  We had to replace a scanner — never inexpensive.
4.  The coffee pot died.  As in smoking!!!!  We had to replace it.  (I did use some rewards to help with part of the cost.  Then the carafe was broken.  They sent me back more than double what it cost to replace the carafe, which reduced the cost even further.)


On the frugal front:

1.  I have been using Dollar Tree supplies in my planner.  Nice since I am still learning how I want to set it up.
2.  I canned 8 pints of spaghetti sauce.
3.  We did a reasonable job of sticking to our menu.  Not perfect, but not too bad.
4.  I made a clean out the fridge salad to make sure we had zero waste on our veggies.
5.  For Easter dinner, we decided to cook ham steak instead of a ham.  We just don’t need a whole ham.
6.  We packed my daughter’s lunch for the two days she is on campus full time.


On the fun front:  (I feel like fun should be included because life is short!)
1.  We had guests over and spent a fun night just talking.
2.  We caught up on some Murdoch Mysteries.
3.   I worked on a sweater I am knitting for myself.
4. I made great progress on an afghan I am crocheting.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe your coffee pot has taken up smoking, Shara. LOL, I'm sure you're glad you already replaced it. Sounds like you had another good and frugal week. I hope next week is the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Good one!
      Thank you. I did have to run out and replace it. We are a coffee family.

      Delete
  2. I've had a lot of things break around here, too. Crazy! Even my husband:). His hip is bothering him so very much, he went to a orthopedic doctor today. Now, he's on a journey to see what can be done, but it looks pretty serious. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hope he is okay and the fix is simple. Coffee pots are easy to replace. Hips not so much.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...