Tuesday, January 15, 2019

A Week of Simple Dishes


 I’m still adjusting to one and sometimes only two being around at meal time.  Added to that for this week has been a topsy turvy schedule that has had me not knowing who would be here until the day of and sometimes mere hours before.  So in no particular order these are the main dishes I pulled together in keeping with the pantry challenge.
 We served breakfast one night that included hash.  I know this isn’t the healthiest dish, but I always keep some in my hurricane box.  Once the season has passed I try to make sure we rotate this stock.  

I thawed a 2 pound package of lean ground turkey breast, which I used in a pot of vegetable soup and for filling for Shepherd’s or Cottage Pie.  I had enough to make two casseroles so I took advantage and made one for the freezer for next week.  To change it up I’ll serve the one tonight topped with mashed potatoes, but I’ll use a box of stuffing from the pantry to give the second one a different twist next week.  I love it when I can cook once and get multiple meals from it.  (The soup will be for my lunches and for anyone who wants a bowl as a side with meals.) 


Pumpkin Oatmeal bars that used up the rest of a can of pumpkin and some lingering raisins.


A simple dessert using a box of pudding I had hidden in the pantry.



Homemade pizza night -- I made pepperoni rolls for my daughter and then a pan pizza (gluten free) for myself.


Sorry for the dark photo -- beef stew using home canned veggies and beef from the freezer.



 I baked a small pan of macaroni and cheese, and the leftovers went home with my daughter for her to have a quick meal on her busiest day.
Then for a lunch for myself, as I continue to eat up the hurricane food supply, I heated a can of chili and topped it with some cheese.  


2 comments:

  1. You are using a lot of your pantry foods. I am not doing quite as well, but I continue to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks delicious, Shara. :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...