Sunday, January 6, 2019

A Few Household Items to Start Out the Year


Back in November whilst we were traveling my husband and I decided that our joint theme for 2019 would be purposeful living.  For me this means a lot of things, but one key thing I’ve decided to do is not fill my life with things that do not have a purpose.  (I’m not treating purpose and practical as synonyms, but purpose as in meaning for me.) With that in mind I have been purging some things and on the flip side also keeping a running list of some things I feel will enhance our lives.

On my list — now that I am cooking for two almost exclusively — was some smaller baking dishes.  I found these cute mini pie plates at Walmart and some cloth napkins in prints that make me happy.  (I used a gift card to pay for these.)  They’re from the Pioneer Woman line.


There was also a small set of two pots / casserole dishes that I liked.  They were perfectly sized for fitting in my new air fryer oven, but I balked at paying $20 for them.  I decided to keep using my cake pans even though in the back of my head I’ve been worried about messing up my favorites.

When my daughter and I were out at Goodwill looking for something totally unrelated, I decided to look through the kitchenware.  I found two Wilton egg shaped pans.  They’re the perfect size for my air fryer oven and the perfect size for a casserole or dish for two people.  Not only do I not have to worry about my cake pans, but I paid $1.69 a piece for these.  A frugal win!   



(I realize they aren’t floral and all pretty, but in this case I was willing to trade the pretty for the practical.)


2 comments:

  1. Oh, what neat finds at both places, Shara. I love the Pioneer Woman line as they just add something beautiful to the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sizing down your bakeware is a great idea. I need to do that also! Pretty finds BTW!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...