Monday, January 7, 2019

Frugal Happenings for Last Week

In no particular order some frugal things I didn’t mention in my previous posts from this past week:

I cooked a ham.  I used the ham broth to make potato soup and added some bits of ham.  I sent home some of the ham with my daughter.  I used some in omelettes.  We ate some at various times.    I also went over to my daughter’s apartment and helped her make a quiche for her breakfasts for this week.  (More like watched while she made it, but she just wanted me to make certain she was doing it in a way that it would turn out like her favorite.)
I carried a large carload of items to goodwill.  This may not sound frugal, but I have found that lessening our load is quite freeing, but more importantly during this clean out I found a couple of items I thought were gone forever and had been planning to replace so I actually managed to save money.
I printed  free larder and freezer inventory sheets to go in my household binder.
I found some cute books at Goodwill for my grandson.
I bought a pair of fleecy pajama pants at Goodwill for $1.69 to turn into a cat bed cover for my daughter’s cat.
I found three puzzles my son and his family will enjoy while at Goodwill.  They were unopened and the set goes together to create a panoramic scene from a movie they love.
Our newest and nicest home printer went with our daughter.  I pulled the old one that no longer duplexes out and am making do with it.  For now it will work for my household needs.
We needed an electronic device and after some shopping around found the cheapest option for the brand required by our provider was to order from Amazon, where we were able to use both a coupon and take advantage of free shipping.
I used my small air fryer oven to save on electricity usage rather than run the larger oven whenever it was possible.
We continued to work to use up what was on hand as I work to clear the freezers and pantry.

What did you do to save money last week?


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like some excellent frugal happenings. I love it when I find things as I clean, especially if I were thinking about replacing them.
    Do you like your air fryer? I am contemplating getting one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my air fryer! It's basically a mini convection oven as far as I can tell. The beauty of it is that I don't have to spend time waiting for the big oven to preheat. Things also tend to cook a little quicker, which is nice.

      Delete
  2. Good information. Lucky me I came across your website
    by accident (stumbleupon). I have book-marked it for later!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...