Thursday, March 2, 2017

Simple Curtains


For years my laundry room has simply had a valance over the window top.
Our nearest neighbors aren't super close on that side and I liked having the sunshine come in.
 Recently a gentleman has started parking his 18 wheeler in the cul-de-sac by our home.
I don't mind that at all, but he does come and go at hours when I am usually in my night clothes.
Daughter, too, for that matter.  
My husband and I decided it might be time to put up a curtain over the window.
The room is kind of small and non descriptive as far as color.  I thought a pop of color would be nice.

In keeping with my goals of using materials I have on hand, I pulled through my fabric and found a piece to use.
I had just enough of this simple red checked fabric to make two panels.
My original plan had been to machine embroider down the sides for detail.
However, when I tried my sample I felt like the pattern was being lost in the checks.

So a few hours entertainment for me.
Curtains for the laundry room.
Cost -- nothing new....this fabric was a piece that was in a huge box I bought years ago.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful to be able to use something already on hand to meet a need. Pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am hoping to pull together something "new" for the living room windows. I'm still tossing ideas around in my head.

      Delete
  2. Gingham is always so cheerful. I've always liked curtains on a window in spite of the decorating trends being to leave them bare.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new curtains make me happy. I have always loved gingham!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...