For years my laundry room has simply had a valance over the window top.
Our nearest neighbors aren't super close on that side and I liked having the sunshine come in.
Recently a gentleman has started parking his 18 wheeler in the cul-de-sac by our home.
I don't mind that at all, but he does come and go at hours when I am usually in my night clothes.
Daughter, too, for that matter.
My husband and I decided it might be time to put up a curtain over the window.
The room is kind of small and non descriptive as far as color. I thought a pop of color would be nice.
In keeping with my goals of using materials I have on hand, I pulled through my fabric and found a piece to use.
I had just enough of this simple red checked fabric to make two panels.
My original plan had been to machine embroider down the sides for detail.
However, when I tried my sample I felt like the pattern was being lost in the checks.
So a few hours entertainment for me.
Curtains for the laundry room.
Cost -- nothing new....this fabric was a piece that was in a huge box I bought years ago.