Friday, June 23, 2017

A Canning No-No

I should confess up front that I am guilty of following rules and logic on various household things that have been around for a long time.  Sometime (I believe the mid 80s) it became unsafe to home can cabbage.  I'm not sure why it magically happened, but whatever.

 So this post shared with the warning -- this is what I do.  It is NOT sanctioned by the USDA or whatever organization....

 I pressure can my cabbage.   We've always enjoyed the results, and I do boil them for 10 minutes before serving them. My $3 worth of cabbage gave me 18 pints worth.  I kept two out for eating this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that! Well, I've been canning and eating mine all along, so I guess all's well that ends well!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can several things that are not approved anymore. My MIL didn't even pressure can, just used a long water bath and everyone survived!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...