Monday, June 26, 2017

Frugal Happenings Last Week

Last week was a weird mix of frugal and spending -- I actually feel like most of it was spent on the road.

 1.  On Sunday evening we attended a free symphony on the Town Common.  I packed us some water bottles.  The concert was late enough in the evening that I made sure we ate before we left.

 2.  Early Monday morning I had to run errands in the next town.  Again I packed our refillable water bottles, grabbed some apples, and we took off.  It was kind of an odd day, but I spent the rest of it doing things around the house.

 3.  Tuesday I had to run a quick errand.  Sadly the things that had to be done couldn't be combined with the day before.  However, on each day we drove the most fuel efficient vehicle and packed drinks/snacks.  The three hours of combined driving was great one on one time to just spend talking with my daughter.

 4.  Wednesday was a spend day.  However, I shopped sales and filled in several holes in our food storage.  I also added some pieces to our fall wardrobe.

 5.  Thursday I spent the morning canning and working on items for our food storage.  Because of hurricane activity, I try to can as many items as possible rather than freezing as much.  

 6.  Friday my husband was home.  We, once again, had errands to run, but they were here in town.  While we were out we went to the library.  I found a new to me Victorian mystery.  Friday evening the three of us spent time playing cards.  I forget how entertaining a deck of cards can be.  When we were children, pre-video game fads and VCR/DVD type stuff in every house, games were how you spent a lot of evenings.  We had a great time.

 7.  Saturday we drove the 4 hours (round trip) back to where we grew up.  We packed drinks. I carried a crocheting project pulled from my stash of yarn.  Before we left, I started hamburger steak in the crockpot so we would have a warm supper waiting.  When we made it back, I pulled together quick sides (rice and stringbeans).  I wasn't feeling well and I mostly slept on the couch while my family did their own things.    

 At some point during the week:
  • I hung the laundry to dry.
  • Made a point to use up some odd bits in the refrigerator.
  • Re-organized the pantry.
  • Used up some odd bits of things (raisins, etc) that were open
  • Started an embroidery project
  • Caught up some correspondence
  • Worked on my research project

6 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention cards! At the lake recently Son2 and GF2 played cards with me. It was a really fun way to spend the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good and frugal week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a busy and productive week! We both enjoy playing games, but my husband doesn't like card games for some reason. A pity because I really do. Still, we have a lot of fun with games like Boggle, Yahtzee and so on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like to play hearts or spades....so I understand LOL.
      I am much more a word game kind of person, but I do love Yahtzee.
      My family enjoys Monopoly, but if I am honest I must admit I've never liked the game. LOL

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...