Friday, June 2, 2017

June's Groceries -- Week One


My daughter had a dermatologist appointment, so I picked up groceries while we were out. 

 I have challenged myself to round out our meals for $50 a week.  I did pretty good.  I came home with lemons, limes, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, broccoli, bagged garden salad, sandwich cheese, 2 cartons of soy milk, 2 cartons of lactose free milk, 5 lbs of red potatoes, yellow squash, ice cream sandwiches, 2 boxes of Stevia, a bottle of marinade to try, and a box of cereal to snack on.  Oh! I got a watermelon, too, but forgot to photograph it.

I spent $44.55 of my alloted $50.
I don't know that I will share photos of 3 meals a day, but I will try to share photos of the big meals.
We often eat leftovers for the next day's lunch.

The fruit is pretty much open to snacking on.
The citrus fruit is to flavor water with.
I've found myself opting for less nutritious drinks because I wanted flavor so I am hoping this will encourage me to drink more water.

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to bring down the grocery budget this month as well. I am getting a few things from the garden, so that will help. Also, I have been focusing on other things for the past couple of months, so am not making the progress on my freezers and cupboards that I want to--so, back to the "project."

    I've used boc choi from the garden several times in the last week. It is bolting, so needs to be targeted. I've also used some pork burger we had stored at my husband's mom's house--time to target that, too. There have been several partial packages of crackers, etc. that I've emptied and thrown away. The shelves are looking more manageable. Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have pretty plants growing in containers, but nothing is producing yet. Thank goodness for having a great Farmer's Market near me.

      I love bok choy! How do you prepare yours? I normally sauté onions and garlic in a bit of olive oil, add my greens and cook.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...