Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Watermelon Rind Preserves

In an effort to be less wasteful, try new things, and continue to keep our pantry stocked, we decided to try watermelon rind preserves.  Since we had never had them I made a single batch. I decided that would be enough to try and to be fair, a few jars for a couple of people isn't bad.  

I used the recipe from the Ball Bluebook and I was suprised at how easy they are to make. 
I think the worst part was peeling the watermelon.


A basic recipe gave me 5 (8 ounce) jars.  I put one in the refrigerator for us to sample so I didn't bother canning it.

These will be great over the fall and winter months.


1 comment:

  1. Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you writing
    this article and also the rest of the website is very good.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...