Friday, June 9, 2017

Filling the Pantry

Blueberries and strawberries are plentiful and on sale this week.
I made jam for the pantry.
(I also set aside a jar's worth of each for the refrigerator rather than using up a jar to can them.)


The jam came out to be less than $1 per jar for the blueberry lime jam.
The strawberry worked out to be even less at 75 cents a jar.

The bonuses are that I have them ready to go, I know the ingredients, I got to spend an afternoon doing something I enjoy, and homemade jam just tastes good.


2 comments:

  1. I love seeing jars of jam that have been canned. SO beautiful and something you will enjoy all summer and winter long. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always makes me happy to see homecanned food on the shelves.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...