1. On Sunday evening we attended a free symphony on the Town Common. I packed us some water bottles. The concert was late enough in the evening that I made sure we ate before we left.
2. Early Monday morning I had to run errands in the next town. Again I packed our refillable water bottles, grabbed some apples, and we took off. It was kind of an odd day, but I spent the rest of it doing things around the house.
3. Tuesday I had to run a quick errand. Sadly the things that had to be done couldn't be combined with the day before. However, on each day we drove the most fuel efficient vehicle and packed drinks/snacks. The three hours of combined driving was great one on one time to just spend talking with my daughter.
4. Wednesday was a spend day. However, I shopped sales and filled in several holes in our food storage. I also added some pieces to our fall wardrobe.
5. Thursday I spent the morning canning and working on items for our food storage. Because of hurricane activity, I try to can as many items as possible rather than freezing as much.
6. Friday my husband was home. We, once again, had errands to run, but they were here in town. While we were out we went to the library. I found a new to me Victorian mystery. Friday evening the three of us spent time playing cards. I forget how entertaining a deck of cards can be. When we were children, pre-video game fads and VCR/DVD type stuff in every house, games were how you spent a lot of evenings. We had a great time.
7. Saturday we drove the 4 hours (round trip) back to where we grew up. We packed drinks. I carried a crocheting project pulled from my stash of yarn. Before we left, I started hamburger steak in the crockpot so we would have a warm supper waiting. When we made it back, I pulled together quick sides (rice and stringbeans). I wasn't feeling well and I mostly slept on the couch while my family did their own things.
At some point during the week:
- I hung the laundry to dry.
- Made a point to use up some odd bits in the refrigerator.
- Re-organized the pantry.
- Used up some odd bits of things (raisins, etc) that were open
- Started an embroidery project
- Caught up some correspondence
- Worked on my research project