Saturday, April 16, 2016

Testing Recipes

In planning for Christmas gifts, I have decided to test the "jar mix" recipes. I would hate to give one as a gift not knowing how they turn out. 

This morning we made a batch of the bran muffins. I used ingredients I had on hand...including bran cereal I picked up at Dollar Tree. I used to make a similar muffin when the name brand cereal was first all the rage. This worked well.


I am estimating I used about half the box.  


I,of course, altered a few things. I have some coconut sugar lingering in the pantry because my family just isn't crazy about it. I've decided to work it into muffins and so far they haven't noticed. I also didn't  have golden raisins, so plain old "brown" had to do. 

The proportions I used were:

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp of baking powder
2 cups of bran cereal
1/2 cup of coconut sugar
1/2 cup of raisins
1 1/4 cups of milk
1/4 cup of oil
1 egg, slightly beaten

400F for about 20 minutes.

This makes an even dozen muffins. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...