Sunday, April 17, 2016

Traveling Light


Two of us are traveling for a couple of days. With food allergies eating out is next to impossible so we found a place with a small kitchenette. I packed a dozen muffins, 3 bananas, 2 oranges, a box of cereal, a can of peaches, a can of succotash and a can of mixed greens.  I added some fiber bars and pretzels for junk food.

Then I put together two jars of casserole filling for the two suppers we will need. The jar on the right had ground beef, rice, taco seasoning, cheese powder, green peas, onion powder, mushrooms, sweet corn, salt, and pepper. A little water, about 13 minutes cook time and five minute natural pressure drop and we ended up with this 


That small jar yielded more than enough for two people. Plus it actually tasted good.  The beauty was that the main dish was light for packing purposes, but filling for satisfaction purposes. 



2 comments:

  1. I find eating in restaurants so difficult when traveling, too. Most of the time, I'd rather pack meals and foods that I know I'll be fine with, than eat in a restaurant. And it saves $$$.

    Good job on all that you packed with you. I'm guessing you brought a pressure cooker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did pack the pressure cooker. The one I have serves as a slow cooker, too. I didn't use that feature this time, but sometimes I do. It makes it easier to have an "all in one" pot that is light and easy to carry along. One pot to wash up is also nice.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...