Sunday, September 25, 2016

Anniversary Dinner

The time had come for me to downsize my crockpot.  It was a tough choice, but 7 quarts was just too large for only two or three people.  We picked a casserole style one that was 3.5 quarts.

Today we celebrate 24 years together.  I can't believe how the time has flown.  While to some a crockpot may not be a romantic gift, I can tell you it shows he truly knows me.  

Tonight's dinner will be all vegan and a little fancier than I usually make.

Pumpkin pie with a tofu base....he loves pumpkin pie!

Greek Potatoes slow cooker style recipe is here and I simply used vegan butter substitute 

Vegan Fish Fillets (the most expensive part of our meal) with chunky homemade tartar sauce

Green beans (Aldi frozen foods)




2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Everything looks yummy. I may have to investigate that crockpot -- I love the idea of a casserole style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I shopped around for the best price in my area, which turned out to be Walmart. Nice thing about not having to have it immediately was that I could do that.

      Delete

Snuggles