Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Monday's Eats


Breakfast was simply coffee and a bowl of strawberries, which I totally forgot to photograph.

For lunch I wanted to cook something I could eat for several meals this week -- if as nothing but a side dish.

A quick perusal of the pantry reminded me I had about 1/3 of a box of wheat macaroni noodles lingering.  I tossed them in water to boil. Pulled out some of the kidney beans I cooked over the weekend, diced some peppers, onions, and carrots, and I was well on my way to making a macaroni salad,  I tossed the carrots in the pasta pot for the last few minutes of cooking.  A good dollop or vegan mayo, some Dijon mustard, and pepper and I had a creamy dressing.  




Over the weekend I cooked chili, keeping a pint for myself.  I tossed a potato In the microwave and grabbed leftover green beans for the fridge.  When the potato was done I plated it all up, added a sprinkle of vegan cheese, and popped it back in the microwave for a minute.



I actually have enough chili to serve with my macaroni salad tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Childhood Foods Revisited

While my husband and I were drinking our morning coffee, we were reminiscing about favorite elementary school meals. We both agreed tha...