Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Monday's Eats


Breakfast was simply coffee and a bowl of strawberries, which I totally forgot to photograph.

For lunch I wanted to cook something I could eat for several meals this week -- if as nothing but a side dish.

A quick perusal of the pantry reminded me I had about 1/3 of a box of wheat macaroni noodles lingering.  I tossed them in water to boil. Pulled out some of the kidney beans I cooked over the weekend, diced some peppers, onions, and carrots, and I was well on my way to making a macaroni salad,  I tossed the carrots in the pasta pot for the last few minutes of cooking.  A good dollop or vegan mayo, some Dijon mustard, and pepper and I had a creamy dressing.  




Over the weekend I cooked chili, keeping a pint for myself.  I tossed a potato In the microwave and grabbed leftover green beans for the fridge.  When the potato was done I plated it all up, added a sprinkle of vegan cheese, and popped it back in the microwave for a minute.



I actually have enough chili to serve with my macaroni salad tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...