Saturday, September 3, 2016

Opportunity Spending



I had to run to Aldi to pick up some convenience items for my daughter. With her school schedule it is hard for her to cook three meals a day and neither of us want her to eat out multiple times a day.  Convenience foods were the most economical and healthier route.   Her items aren't shown here because they come out of a different category.  

However, since I was there anyway I picked up some items that are accounted for in grocery and travel line items.

2 lbs of fettuccine -- $1.89 (normally not in my Aldi)
1/2 bag of apples for travel and 1/2 for her -- $1.79
Apple Jacks for travel (a gift for my grandson, when we arrive) -- $2.89
1 box crackers -- $1.49
1 box crackers for travel $1.49
2 80 ounce jars of dill pickles -- $7.38 (normally not in my Aldi)
2 bottles bamboo shoots -- $1.89 (hit and miss stocking)
2 bottles of bean sprouts -- $1.89 (hit and miss stocking)
4 cans water chestnuts -- $1.56 (hit and miss stocking)
Soy milk -- $2.19
Peach iced tea for travel -- $3.99
NescafĂ© instant coffee for travel  -- $5.38
Hummus for travel -- $1.99
Onion powder -- .99
Bananas for travel -- .85
Wheat tortillas for travel -- $1.39

Home $19.67 including tax
Travel $20.17 including tax
Daughter's supplies $36.15 including tax





No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...