Friday, August 19, 2016

Shepherd's Pie (plant based)

The last of my lentils went into a Shepherd's Pie.  I wanted to try to just use up food I had on hand to round it out. 



My basic recipe was as follows:
1 1/2 cups of lentils
12 oz. frozen mixed veggies from Aldi -- thawed
sautéed onion and bell pepper
1 box of soft tofu (from my pantry storage)
1/4 cup of nutritional yeast (from m pantry storage)
enough soy milk to make a smooth sauce
salt, pepper, parsley
2 medium sweet potatoes with a dab of margarine and milk

I pureed the tofu with the yeast and the milk.  Added it to the drained veggies and beans.  Topped with mashed sweet potato and baked it.

This was actually quite good and filling.  It came together quickly because I had previously cooked the beans.  I popped the sweet potatoes in the pressure cooker (whole) to cook them.  Minimal fuss and minimal mess in the kitchen.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...