Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Spinach and Artichoke "Quiche" (Link to Recipe)


When I was watching cooking shows on the Roku I came across Save the Kales.  I love her videos and this one caught my eye.  I had everything I needed on hand except for the vegan cream cheese, which I decided to pick up.  I used spinach from the freezer to make sure I used what I had on hand rather than duplicate shopping.  I also made a whole wheat (press in pan) crust with olive oil.

This was a major success.  Everyone that tried it loved it.  I ate the leftovers over the course of two days and it did an excellent job of helping keep my blood sugars level.  This was relatively expensive to make since I can only find the cream cheese at the more expensive store in town.  I'll probably keep it for a holiday type meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week's Frugalities

We were traveling last week, but we allow for that in a separate budget from our household stuff.  In no particular order:  1.  I did pa...