Thursday, August 25, 2016

Small Batch Preserving

I wanted to cooki collards for my meals today and when I pulled them from the refrigerator I decided I would never finish the entire bag quickly.  I also knew I had some Brussels sprouts I wouldn't get finished up in a timely manner.  Because I could not remember the blanching times I pulled out my trusty food preservation book and looked up how to freeze them.  A few extra minutes of work and I put two meals worth of Brussels sprouts in the freezer and set a meals worth aside for this weekend.  I put a goodly amount of collards in the freezer -- I am thinking enough for two meals or one if we have guests.  At the end of that while my blanching water was still hot I went ahead and cooked my collards for today.


If you can find an inexpensive copy of this book and you like to preserve food it is one I would recommend.  It is compact and has so much information. 


All ready for the freezer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...