I have been trying to duplicate the taste of Bojangles' Chicken for some time. Obviously I need a lighter version and a guaranteed "my allergens" free version. This was a simple version and while it is not quite perfect according to my daughter, it has been so long since I have had their chicken I find that I love this.
To keep the costs lower my chicken was bought on markdown and I only used 2 breasts sliced into strips. (The second two breasts I chopped and boiled for another meal.) This kept my cost for meat down to $3.58 per meal. Not bad. I also used Frank's hot sauce because that was what Aldi had and I used Aldi brand cornflakes because they were the best price. Believe it or not, that is all the ingredients.
Preheat oven to 450F. Line a pan with a nonstick sheet or spray it with cooking spray.
1. Slice about 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast into strips.
2. Pour 1/2 cup of hot sauce into a bowl.
3. Crush about 2 1/2 cups of cornflakes into another bowl.
4. Dip chicken in hot sauce, roll in cornflakes, and place in pan. Repeat until it is all coated.
5. Bake about 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is done.
I served this with mashed turnips and sugar free apple sauce as sides.
My husband liked it enough he's asked me to keep it in the rotation. That's pretty high praise coming from him.