Monday, August 8, 2016

Sweater Coat in Progress


My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip for early October.  I don't think it will be cold enough for a heavy coat, but still cooler than what I will be comfortable in. I think a sweater coat will be the perfect piece.  So after pulling through all my yarn stash and looking through my patterns I settled on a yoked, chunky weight sweater jacket.  The yarn is an expensive yarn I bought years ago and gave to my mama.  Neither of us liked the original planned pattern and sent the yarn back to me recently.  I think it must have finally aged enough, because I am liking this sweater.  It also helps that I love the mix of the red, burgundy and purple.  I'll post more progress as I go along.  Basically, as far as I am concerned this is a free sweater coat for me....lol.  She decided she didn't want the yarn and all I am out of these 8 years later is my time to spend crocheting it.

2 comments:

  1. I do like those colors, but then, I am a "Winter" as far as color palettes go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I'm not really sure what color palette is my best. I believe I am a winter, too. But I have to admit that I absolutely love red and it makes me happy to wear it.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...