Saturday, January 28, 2017

Baking Day (Recipes Included)

I had paperwork to do and there's something about paperwork and baking day that work well together.  I guess it is because other than a little mixing baking day is mostly letting things rise and waiting for them to bake.
 
 

 
I made three loaves of Honey Wheat Bread -- 1 for now, 1 for the freezer and 1 for the neighbors.
The basic recipe is one I adapted to meet my family's tastes.
To get three loaves I make 2 batches -- one large loaf and two average loaves.
It can be made following the typical bread making guidelines and baked at 350 F for 30 minutes or if your bread machine will bake a 2 lb. loaf it is bread machine friendly.
 
Honey Wheat Bread
 
1 1/3 cup of warm water
5 tbsp. of honey
3 tbsp. of mild oil
2 cups of white whole wheat flour
2 cups of bread flour
1 tsp. of salt
1/3 cup of powdered milk
2 1/4 tsps. of yeast
 
 
 

 
I baked a dozen cupcakes and one 8" layer.
I frosted half of the cupcakes with the leftover cream cheese frosting from my carrot cake.
The layer was put aside for another day.
 

 
Since we wanted pizza, I went ahead and made crusts. 
I only needed one and since my recipe makes two, I put one in the freezer.
 
Basic Pizza Crust
 
1 1/3 cup of warm water
2 tbsp. of olive oil
2 cups of whole wheat flour
2 cups of bread flour
2 tbsp. of powdered milk
2 tsps. of salt
2 tbsp. of sugar
2 1/2 tsps. of yeast
 
Make like any other bread, let rise until doubled, and then punch down.
Divide in half and let rest 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Roll out dough.
Bake crust for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and turn heat up to 400F.
Put toppings on pizza and bake for another 10 minutes.
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Impressive! you have been very busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling better than I have in months! I didn't realize how poorly I had been feeling....lol. I'm enjoying being home again, too.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! You have been busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The bread is really good. I had a slice with my homemade apple butter and it was fabulous!

      Delete
  3. I'm heading to the kitchen shortly to do prep work. Baking some muffins for breakfasts on the go and some salad fixings for lunch this week. Starting in the morning I'm going back to counting calories on MFP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do the same thing when we bake a cake - an entire recipe is too much at once for the three of us. Everything looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I find a lot of recipes are "too much" for us these days. Thank goodness I can eat leftovers for lunch and pack some for my husband...lol

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...