Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Kitchen Duty

I've been trying to keep kitchen duty light and it has meant a change in shopping, but needs must kind of thing.
 
 
a kind of sort of Italian sausage sub
I had limited energy, so I used a purchased whole wheat roll.
Sliced a vegan Italian sausage, added some bell pepper and onion, and sautéed it all with a tiny bit of olive oil.  Then I stirred in a couple of tablespoons of marinara and let it heat.
A quick topping of Daiya mozzarella. 
 
 

 
My sister took care of brunch on Sunday -- delicious by the way!
Then I had more energy for cooking on Sunday evening. 
I made my first ever egg rolls -- I used up a bag of broccoli slaw mix, some mushrooms, onion powder, and a bit of Bragg's Liquid Aminos to make the filling.
I brushed them very lightly with oil and air fried them.
 
 

 
This was my Aldi find of vegetarian chili.  There's a baked potato under there and a light topping of Daiya cheddar.  Extremely easy, filling and inexpensive.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...