Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Baking for the Freezer (and Recipes)

My husband brought back three apples with him from last week's packed supplies and when I was cleaning out the refrigerator I found three zucchini that needed using up.  Even though both items were fine, I knew they were fast approaching "having" to be used.  Since my menu didn't include anything that would use either of them I decided to bake up some sweet breads. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
To conserve energy, I filled the oven with both breads.
 

 
I used fresh ground whole wheat flour and on hand baking supplies to make 2 large loaves of zucchini and raisin bread (glass pans) and then I made an 8"x4" pan of apple date bread and 3 small loaves of apple date bread.
 
I'll save out one small loaf to go with afternoon tea and the rest will go in the freezer.
At least one loaf will be earmarked for some traveling we will be doing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...