Friday, February 17, 2017

Clothes Shopping

For Christmas I received a gift card of $50 for Forever 21.  We do not have one of their stores near us, but since I knew I would be traveling to a town that does I saved the card.  

 I really didn't have anything special in mind, but I decided to look anyway.  I always hear about gift cards sitting and never being used, so I make an effort to use them up.

Most of the colors in the store seemed to be "not me."  I found one top for myself, but I found three tops that I thought would be perfect for my daughter. In order to make sure I do not leave any money on a gift card, I always go armed with a little extra cash and deliberately spend just over the amount on the card.  I spent a total of $57.22 with $3.62 of that being tax.

I bought this blue gray top for me:


  For my daughter I bought a long sleeved button up shirt and two short sleeved print t-shirts.  I know short sleeves seem kind of odd for February, but she can layer them under things or she can put them aside for spring, which isn't far away.


 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for using that gift card! I found one that TheHub was given at work stuck between 2 drawers. I didn't even know we had one much less 75 bucks to Honeybaked Ham

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when that happens!
      Ideally I would have loved to buy my daughter a pair of jeans with the card, but she wasn't able to go with us and I knew I would never be able to pick out the "perfect" pair. :-)

      Delete

Snuggles