Today's one of those crazy, "run around like a chicken with your head cut off" kind of days.
I have a head cold and of course, I knew I wouldn't want to jump right out of bed this morning. I set the coffee pot to go off about 20 Minutes before I wanted to get up and it was nice to wake up to the smell and know coffee was ready. I allowed myself some extra time to just sit and drink my coffee, go over my planner, and pet the cat.
My day has gone something like this:
1. Do my morning routine.
2. Start chicken in the crockpot. Thank goodness for menu planning and the crockpot. Without those two I would probably still be standing in the kitchen wondering what to cook for supper. (I'm doing simple chicken breasts -- I put in three large frozen breasts, topped with cream of chicken soup, salt, pepper, and a bit of onion powder. I'm making a mashed cauliflower side dish and serving carrot sticks.)
3. I went to the next town over to mail a package.
4. I left from there to head to a doctor's appointment 45 minutes away -- because of distance, not traffic.
5. I was about 20 Minutes early and I stopped into Goodwill, where I found a mug for myself and 3 Christmas books to go in my Christmas gift box. I think my grandson will love them. I paid $2.42 for all four pieces. I'll share a photo later...the mug is in the dishwasher.
6. Off to my doctor's appointment. Apparently I've not finished healing internally and while I can now drive, I am still on all the other restrictions.
7. Rode back home, only to find my daughter's tutor didn't show up. Pulled some quick leftovers out for lunch -- all we had left was mac and cheese, so mac and cheese it was.
8. I vacuumed upstairs, loaded the dishwasher after lunch, quizzed my daughter on info for an upcoming test, returned some business calls, and plopped here to spend a few minutes reading my favorite blogs.
On my agenda for the rest of the day is:
As soon as my daughter gets home from her last class of the day, we have to immediately head out to her gastroentology appointment. I'm expecting it to have us out and probably driving home in rush hour traffic....my least favorite thing to do! At least when we get home, supper will be pretty much taken care of. I have some paper work that has to be completed by tomorrow night, so my plan is to work on that this evening if I can muster the gumption.
Worse case scenario, I will rally around it early in the morning.
We were traveling last week, but we allow for that in a separate budget from our household stuff. In no particular order: 1. I did pa...
We are pretty well stocked for the month of March. I had a few holes in my pantry that I filled and I picked up some meats on discount. I ...
My husband gets paid once a month and I've decided to go back to my monthly shopping trips. I've budgeted $500 a month to i...
This week has been a pleasant week in a lot of respects. Our household is usually a jockeying of varying schedules. This week was one of m...