Saturday, February 18, 2017

Canned Soups


My husband has been asking me to make him soup some to carry with him....specifically to can him some soup to carry with him.  He wanted chicken and vegetables with no tomatoes added.

I used three large, boneless skinless chicken breasts, a large bag of mixed vegetables, and some chicken broth to pull together 7 pints of soup for him.

I cooked my chicken first (and used that liquid as my broth).
I seasoned it with onions and garlic.
Added my veggies to the cubed chicken.
Pressure canned for 75 minutes.

(I also ended up with 2 quarts of broth and 2 chicken breasts for the refrigerator.
My poor kitty is sick and the chicken is for her.  I'll use the broth in our cooking this week, or I will put it in the freezer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...