Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Playing with the Menu

Last night before bed, I noticed I had some pain behind my eyes.  No big deal since I had been crocheting, but then it turned into a night of tossing and turning until after 3:00 this morning. Today it is a full on sinus headache.  I don't know if I have picked up something or if it is thanks to the pressure front coming in.  Either way the end result was a change in menu plans for tonight.
 
I already had the roast thawing in the refrigerator.  Yesterday I watched a YouTube video by Shelly and she shared an easy crockpot pulled pork recipe.  It isn't one I've tried before, but by fluke I had everything on hand.  (My sister is trying to lose weight and I think this will help cut some of the calories to make the meal more in line with her diet.)
 
 
 
The recipe is super simple:
1 onion
1 (3 or 4 lbs.) boneless pork loin
12 ounces of Diet Coke 
1/2 bottle of barbecue sauce
Lawry's seasoning salt
Pepper
 
Cook on low for about 8 hours.  Fork shred and add back to the sauce and cook for another half hour.
 
My notes:
1.  I had Diet Coke on hand by fluke.  My husband brought one home from a meeting.
2.  Daughter won't do onions, so I added onion powder when I seasoned the roast.
3.  I had 1/2 of a bottle of bold and spicy BBQ sauce in the refrigerator.  (Aldi organics)
4.  Serve on sandwich thins I had in freezer.
 
As the day progressed I felt worse instead of better.  Sides quickly became easy.  Annie's Organic boxed mac and cheese and canned string beans.

4 comments:

  1. I follow Shelly's channel, too. :)

    I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope it goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy her videos.

      Thanks. I'm hoping it is just this pressure front coming in.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon. The pulled pork looks good. I have been wanting to do something similar with chicken in the crockpot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      My sister does a quick crockpot chicken. She literally adds her chicken, a jar of salsa, and a bit of broth if she thinks she needs it. It is really quite good.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...