Monday, October 30, 2017

Frugal Happenings Last Week of October

  1. Happy dance here!  The fall weather (even though we are hitting near 80F some days) has helped drop my utility bill down to $155.  (This includes water, trash pickup, and electricity.)
  2. I spent $20 on groceries for the week.
  3. We ate meals from what was on hand.
  4. I donated 4 large boxes of books to the local library.
  5. I set aside 3 large boxes of homeschooling reference books to give to my daughter-in-law for my grandson.  It is hard closing that chapter in my life, but I know it is gone.
  6. I gave away a large plastic tote of crafting magazines.
  7. I carried two loads of items to Goodwill.
  8. (In case you cannot tell we are cleaning out our homeschooling library.  This freed up considerable space on my bookshelves and I was able to unpack several boxes filled with books we will be keeping.)
  9. We purchased a new sectional sofa.  Not frugal, but over the last bit I had saved enough from the household budget to pay for it.  We only have one "big" purchase left for the house, and I've started saving for that.
  10. I'm cleaning out baby and toddler items.  I found someone who can use the toddler bed and mattress and I have given that away. 
  11. We gassed our cars up at Sam’s Club and the prices were 10 cents less per gallon than the local gas station. 
  12. I took advantage of Sam’s Club sales to fill some gaps and to start filling November’s needs. 
  13. I placed an order with Vitacost and took advantage of their free shipping.  This came from my holiday budget.  
  14. We had a Friday night family night complete with homemade pizza and movies at home.
  15. I brought home a stack of books from the library.  I've finished all but one of them...so it has been a good reading week.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a frugal week. I don't call making necessary purchases not frugal as long as you don't go into debt to purchase them. Whenever I have an extra 20 hanging around in my billfold I stick it in my dishwasher fund. My dishwasher has been limping along for a couple of years and I am pretty sure I have enough to replace it, but I haven't been shopping to find what I want yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so nice that you are blessing other families with your home school supplies.

    Please drop by my blog for a visit. frugalhappyhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure need to keep cleaning like you are! You are getting so much cleaned out. I'm sure it feels amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...