Thursday, October 26, 2017

GF Flour Tortillas Review

A couple of weeks ago I tried the Aldi gluten free tortillas.
I honestly wasn't overly impressed with them.
They were dry and kind of chalky.
I rarely throw away food, but I ended up tossing the remainder of the package.

When I was in the Neighborhood Market (Walmart) I found Mission Gluten Free Tortillas.
I had heard a lot of good things about them and was actually excited to see them in our local store.


I have tested these pretty thoroughly.
I've made tacos with ground beef, used them as wraps for chicken and veggies with cheese, and used them to make breakfast wraps with scrambled eggs and bacon.
The final test was to see if they would make a good cheese quesadilla.


They do!

I've been very pleased with how well these taste.
Since they lend themselves to a variety of meals I feel like they are great for me to keep on hand.

The only downside I can see (and it isn't a big enough one for me to not recommend these) is that they are thin and one or two did tear easily.
I am sure it is due to the nature of the flours.
However, the taste and texture are quite good.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Mission tortillas, too. I just don't usually eat one--I tend to have taco salad, or only eat one and so I don't buy them much because they get wasted before I can use them all. The rest of the family prefers the regular flour ones, and they are much less expensive, so I get those for them. I will occasionally use a hard shell, or a corn tortilla. But, when I want flour tortillas, these are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m pretty fortunate that my husband will eat whatever I am having....lol. My daughter — not so much.

      I like the hard shells for tacos, but I find that I am not crazy about the soft corn tortillas. I seem to only like them baked crispy like chips. Says something about my “snack tooth” I suppose.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...