Sunday, October 1, 2017

Last Week of September

For Frugal Happenings for this week:

 1.  I did not leave the house a single day. It is harder to spend money if I am home.

  2.  We continued to eat up items on hand, and we are incoporating some hurricane goodies into our snacks.  This has also resulted in less cooking, which has been nice.

 3.  We have used up the last bits of a few things, and I am forcing myself to get a little more diligent about using up some of the things I usually push aside.

 4.  I dyed my own hair.  I'm to the point the gray is back every few weeks.  I suppose if I didn't keep it short, I would pay someone to do it on a regular basis, but where I keep it so short I am not extremely worried about maintenance. I like this color.   The darkness is near my natural color and it has a bit of a burgundy base, which is what the stylist had been giving me anyway.  


5.  I had a low cost re-energize kind of day complete with Netflix, YouTube videos, and blog reading.  A spa day without the spa.  However, I did give myself a pedicure.  I'm trying black nail polish for the first time, and I'm on the fence about whether I like it or not.  (The polish was from my daughter's stash.)

Now for the "maybe not as frugal" happenings:

1.  We have to increase our beef consumption.  My daughter's iron is low due to medical issues.  Those same issues make it harder for her to do well with a lot of the vegetable/legume iron sources.  Fortunately we are a smaller family and the costs won't be horrible.  However, beef is an expensive item so I'll probably be buying in bulk from Sam's Club and portioning into smaller packages.  

2.  I bought myself some new makeup.  I've been slowly replacing items that were far too old.  I did the best I could on prices for what I needed.

3.  I ordered a new bag and wallet.  These will be my birthday presents from my family.  We try to exchange practical gifts that we know the person wants so I am perfectly happy with that.  They were a little more pricey than I like to do, but the quality is good so I expect at least two years usage.  Because I carry epi-pens, blood sugar monitoring stuff, etc.  I carry a pretty large bag.  The one I've ordered has room for all I need and is in one of my favorite colors so I am anxiously awaiting its arrival.


 

4 comments:

  1. I love it when I don't have to leave the house. It really does help to save so much money. And your hair looks terrific, you did a great job. I like the color too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is nice to not have to leave the house. I am hoping to have another week like that other my grocery shopping.

      Delete
  2. The hair color looks good on you. I am a self dyer also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My hair is naturally dark. Not quite a black, but an extremely dark brown. I just cannot justify paying over $100 every four to six weeks to have my hair colored. The idea kills me!

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...