Saturday, October 28, 2017

Saving throughout the Year

I’m a big believer in not only monetary savings when possible, but also in time savings.  One of the things I tend to do is shop seasonally and purchase items that I can store for the year — especially when it comes to bathroom supplies and things like that.  I often utlitize Sam’s Club to do this.  This month a lot of their cleaning supplies, bathroom supplies, and some seasonal items are on sale.  (I do keep a buffer amount of money set aside for bulk purchases so that I can take advantage of their sales when they roll around.)


The chicken was not on sale, but I am officially out of chicken. 
I picked up BLSL chicken breasts and thighs.


Now here is where the bulk shopping comes in.
Razors that my husband likes were on sale and us girls just use the same brand for our legs, etc.
This will last three of us 6 months or more.  
(I allow for 6 before I start looking at future sales and I did pretty good.  We have 1/2 of the last package I bought still on the shelf.)
The napkins seem lazy, but I find with two people it is simply easier.
10 bottles of deoderant will last me a year.
(My daughter wears a different brand and I recently stocked up on hers when it was on discount.)
The large box of Kleenex will work for our home and for our side business and I should have some left passed the cold season.
The 3 boxes of Clorox toilet tablets will last me quite a while.
(Not to be indelicate but with my daughter and husband having stomach issues the steady dose of bleach is totally worth it to me.)

The rest of the items were not on sale, but will go into my November food plan.
Fritos because my husband loves them.
Gluten free crackers because soup season is here.
Cinnamon rolls because my daughter requested them.
Coffee to replace the one I just opened.  (I keep two on hand at all times.)
Coffee creamer and cheese because these are my better prices.
Brown rice and quinoa blend because Sam’s Club is the only place I can find this mix and I love it!
Beef roast (gluten free) is a splurge, but was a better price and more reasonable amount than me buying a huge one for two people.

Also not pictured:
2 large bags of cat food (1 for here and 1 for my husband’s place)
2 large tubs of cat litter (again to be divided)

I’m anticipating only needing fresh items and possibly some more meat in November.
That will in part be because we will begin hosting events pretty soon and I find it impossible to totally stock up for events like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...