Friday, October 6, 2017

Lots of Nothing

I have fibromyalgia and arthritis.  I have since I was quite young, and it is something I try to not dwell on.  I’m pretty fortunate because most of the time I can keep symptoms at a tolerable level with careful lifestyle management.  Sometimes it rears its ugly head though.  This week has been one of those weeks.  As a result I’ve done “lots of nothing.”   What that really equates to is minimal housework because life has to go on.  I’ve filled in the gaps with reading and writing.  This week I read two books that I thoroughly enjoyed and I can highly recommend if you need a good book (or books) to fill your fall nights.



The first book I read was Outlander.  I’m not sure why I had never read it, but I hadn’t. An online friend recommended it and I when I found it at the 50 cents book sale I grabbed it.  I started it after supper and read straight through to the end.  It was about 2:20 when I finished.  Normally I would regret the late night, but I was hurting and spending it in the recliner anyway.

Yesterday I was beginning to feel a bit better.  Not perfect, but better.  I settled in after supper.  (Thank goodness for the slow cooker!). I decided to go with another book from my library sale stash.


This book was a much shorter read and I had finished it before 11:00.  I love mysteries and historical mysteries are my absolute favorite.  I really like Molly Murphy’s spunk.   I’ll be on the look out for more of Ms. Bowen’s books.

Fortunately today I am down to just a nagging, but much duller ache in my hip joints and I am trying to pace myself through some chores.  I’m hoping this means I am on the outer end of this flare up, and I’ll be 100% next week.

4 comments:

  1. Glad it has lessened and you are feeling less achy. I read outlander and liked it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you haven't been well, I totally understand. : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good mystery, too. I'm glad you could enjoy reading, even if you didn't feel very well.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...