Thursday, October 19, 2017

Black Forest Muffins (Recipe Review)


I bought this book from Thrift Books.
Finding gluten free items, whose texture isn’t off, is proving elusive.
Even more elusive is finding nut free items because everyone likes to use almond meal as a flour substitute.
While there are some recipes in this book that use almond meal, the bulk do not.
They use a brown rice flour, tapioca starch, and potato starch mixture.


We decided to try the Black Forest Muffins first.


My notes:
1.  I used nut free dark chocolate chunks and home dried tart cherries.
2.  I used vanilla to avoid the nut issue.
3.  I ended up with 12 decent sized muffins.
 4.  They took the full 22 minutes to cook.

The overall verdict is these are FABULOUS!
The texture is perfectly soft and not at all gritty!


I cooked these late in the evening and I apologize for the lighting.
This was the best I could get of the inside.
I’m hoping you can make out the cherries and chocolate chunks.

I want to either try pumpkin or gingerbread next.  



2 comments:

  1. I understand the challenges of GF baking! Glad you found a good recipe. Could you post a picture of just the recipe? it's too hard to read, as it just comes thru as part of a collage

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grittiness is a little off putting with most GF recipes. Glad you found something that worked for you and tasted great.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...