Monday, October 23, 2017

Frugal Happenings (Mid October)

Sunday
  • We picked me up three books from the library and one book on CD for my husband.
  • Meals were doubled and tripled to allow for extras for the week.
  • My husband watched Netflix movies while I read one of my 50 cents books.
Monday
  • My vitamins (I have a hard time finding allergen free that I can take) were on sale at CVS.  They were B1 get the second 50% off.  I bought 4 bottles.  Due to absorption issues I take a minimum of 4 a day under doctor’s orders.
  • While at CVS I found a Christmas gift....so one more off the list.
  • My favorite face scrub was on sale so I bought two for storage.  The one I have now is about 1/3 full.
  • I cooked enough stir fry to take care of my lunches for a few days.
  • I finished another of my 50 cents books.  I’ve actually almost worked my way through the stack.
Tuesday
  • Quiet day at home.  I used a coupon to get a discount on my fall/winter boots.  I had several pairs that were finally worn out beyond repair at the end of last season.  
  • I spent some down time online researching some easy recipes that make smaller amounts than I am used to cooking.
Wednesday
  • Another quiet day at home.  I ran two loads of laundry on the quick cycle to save on water and energy usage.  I dried one in the dryer and hung the other.
  • We detailed my daughter’s bathroom and used up a bit of lingering cleaners doing that.  (I love to finish off bits of bottles so I don’t have so many sitting around.)
  • I ordered my planner/day runner for next year.  Even though it is a cost, I consider it to be a frugal thing to do.  It helps me keep track of everything and allows me to easily do advanced planning, which always seems to save money in the long run.
Thursday
  •  I traded in $36 of books through Amazon’s program.  
  • I rearranged some furniture and spent some time purging some items.
  • We used the Instant Pot slow cooker feature and I didn’t turn on any other cooking appliance all day.
Friday
  • I hauled off several loads of various items.  My mama let me borrow her truck to do all the moving, and I gave her $20 for gas. A big bargain for me because I did not have to rent a truck to do the moving.  I spent $8 on cold sodas for the family members that helped me move, but since the temps were almost 80F it was a small price to pay.
Saturday

  • We used a discount at Lowes to save 10% on paint.  We worked all day on cleaning the deck at our place in the area I grew up in.  Even with costs of paint and water, by doing the work ourselves we will save $3,000.  It will eat up about two weekends or more, so the project is not finished, but we are one step closer.

2 comments:

  1. I recently got several quotes to have someone power wash my 12 x 12 deck with railings and one small step. I also got separate quotes for painting. Prices were all over the place, but no where near $3000. Is this a large deck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry the $3,000 is to paint it. It is pretty large, has a handicap ramp, and then we have two smaller decks by the doors. The pressure washing wasn’t included in that.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...