Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Casserole Notes and Tonight’s Dinner

The casserole was a hit.  My family enjoyed it and has asked for me to add it to the rotation.  I think if a person wanted to ramp up the veggies,  mushrooms and onions would be a good addition.  However, given my daughter’s inability to handle them I won’t be adding them in any time soon.

 In keeping with our efforts to up her beef consumption, tonight I made fried rice with ground beef added.  I’m worried we will get tired of beef if I make “plain” dishes that simply have meat and sides.  The addition of stir fry spices and Braggs Liquid Aminos really makes this dish not scream beef.  



I also went heavier on the beef than one normally would for two people, but again we are working with her doctor to raise her iron levels.  Unfortunately Crohn’s issues make it difficult for her to consume a lot of items most people can eat when they are trying to bring up their iron levels
 

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good! You probably already know this, but here's a list of foods (plant based) that are high in iron: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/iron-rich-plant-foods#section4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Unfortunately she has a difficult time with a lot of the foods on the list. We try to work some in her diets in small amounts, but they often cause her more dietary distress.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...