Monday, October 2, 2017

Beef and Broccoli Casserole (Recipe Included)


This recipe was a relatively easy one to convert to gluten free.
As usual I made a few changes:
1.  I used frozen broccoli and steamed it slightly before adding it.
2.  I made a white sauce and added cheese to replace the broccoli soup.
3.  I used gluten free bread crumbs.
4.  I cooked my rice with beef broth for added flavor -- used the Instant Pot for ease.

I made my casserole up in the morning and refrigerated it until I was ready to cook it.

Then looking at my general idea of the menu plan:
I went ahead and cooked 3 pounds of beef while I was at it.
I had 4 pounds in total, but the 4th was made up into patties.
1 pound went into this casserole, 1 pound was taken out of the pan (plain), and 1 pound had taco seasoning added.


5 comments:

  1. That sounds like something we'd like. Thanks for posting it, especially with the easy substitutes. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that it is simple. I'm serving fresh fruit with it and was going to offer slaw as a side, but my family said they just wanted the casserole and fresh pineapple....so who am I to argue?

      Delete
  2. Looks very interesting. Please let us know how you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like cooking up a bunch of meat all at once, too. Do you freeze the rest or just put it in the fridge and eat it up during the week? I've done both.

    I love my Instant Pot, too, and am working on finding more things I can make in it. I really love rice in it, and am finding I cook all my brown rice in it now.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...