Monday, August 22, 2016

Some of my Weekend Cooking


The last tiny bit of lentils was enough to make one bowl of soup when fluffed out with some fresh veggies.  I was kind of tired and this was a great midday pick me up.


I made waffles for breakfast for Saturday morning and made these extra to go into the freezer.  They'll make great quick breakfast items. 


Sunday morning I found myself with some produce that needed using up.  I had a lingering sweet potato, some lingering strawberries and a quarter of a bag of frozen chopped kale that I wanted to use up.  I pulled out some of the produce I chopped last week and fluffed up the sweet potato to make a quick hash.  Sliced the strawberries and quickly heated the kale.  It made for a nice meal and didn't have any of that produce go to waste.


This isn't my prettiest loaf of bread, but it tastes great.  Since my husband and I ground pastry wheat and white wheat yesterday I went ahead and made a loaf of bread.  I had ground pinto beans a week or two ago and decided to experiment with that flour in bread.  I used 2 cups of whole wheat flour, 1 cup of bread flour (my compromise for fluffiness so the whole family will eat the breads), and 1 cup of pinto bean flour with 2 tbsp. of ground flax seed.  I think next time I will use smaller pans and make two loaves or I will try letting it rise longer to see if I can get a more uniform shape.



No comments:

Post a Comment