Monday, August 22, 2016

Some of my Weekend Cooking


The last tiny bit of lentils was enough to make one bowl of soup when fluffed out with some fresh veggies.  I was kind of tired and this was a great midday pick me up.


I made waffles for breakfast for Saturday morning and made these extra to go into the freezer.  They'll make great quick breakfast items. 


Sunday morning I found myself with some produce that needed using up.  I had a lingering sweet potato, some lingering strawberries and a quarter of a bag of frozen chopped kale that I wanted to use up.  I pulled out some of the produce I chopped last week and fluffed up the sweet potato to make a quick hash.  Sliced the strawberries and quickly heated the kale.  It made for a nice meal and didn't have any of that produce go to waste.


This isn't my prettiest loaf of bread, but it tastes great.  Since my husband and I ground pastry wheat and white wheat yesterday I went ahead and made a loaf of bread.  I had ground pinto beans a week or two ago and decided to experiment with that flour in bread.  I used 2 cups of whole wheat flour, 1 cup of bread flour (my compromise for fluffiness so the whole family will eat the breads), and 1 cup of pinto bean flour with 2 tbsp. of ground flax seed.  I think next time I will use smaller pans and make two loaves or I will try letting it rise longer to see if I can get a more uniform shape.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...