Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The Letter P -- Meal 3 (Recipe Included)


These are some seriously good pinto bean burgers.  I found a basic recipe online (search youtube for great recipe videos) and tweaked it to match my daughter's lack of desire for tomatoes and a few things like that.
The recipe is really simple and in keeping with my using up pantry staples.

Earlier in the week I cooked up a big batch of pinto beans and then last night I cooked up brown rice to put in the refrigerator.  I just used both of these, cold, from the refrigerator to make these burgers.

Pinto Bean Burgers

Grind 2 tbsp. of flax seed into meal.  Stir into about 3 tbsp. of warm water.  Set aside.

In large bowl mash:
3 cups (drained) pinto beans (or if you are using canned, drain two cans and use)

Stir in one cup of cooked brown rice, one cup of old fashioned oatmeal.

Add spices: 
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried sage
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3/4 tsp. salt

Stir well and then stir in the flax seed "egg."
Shape into patties.  (I made 8 smaller, but you could make 5 or 6 bigger patties.)
Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes.  I just made mine up in the morning and refrigerated over the day so that all I had to do was pull them out near meal time.  Pan fry with a bit of oil.


I ate mine with sweet potato fries, cucumber slices, and bell pepper.  She opted to have hash browns with hers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...