Sunday, October 2, 2016

Cauliflower Storage


Cauliflower is at an excellent price in my area right now.  The store literally had B1G1 on large heads.  I knew I didn't have room for much, but thought I would at least bring home 2 heads of cauliflower.  Being down to cooking for two people most of the week and only three on weekends means that a head makes two good side dishes. 

Cauliflower is easy to prep to freeze.  Wash, check for bugs, and cut into pieces.  I go about 1 inch or so in size.  At this point some people do soak it briefly in a salt water bath.  I do not want the extra salt and do not do this.

Blanch for 3 minutes and cool immediately in iced water.

Seal and freeze.

My bags are pretty large and I will be able to either serve this as a side dish, base for a casserole,  or as a mashed topping for a shepherdess pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...