Thursday, October 13, 2016

Stocking Up

Yesterday I had to pick up a few perishables and as always I am on the lookout for good items for our pantry storage and freezer storage.  In addition to fresh fruits and veggies I came home with several items.

From Fresh Market I brought home the following:
3 bags of ground beef substitute for the freezer
2 bags of vegan cheddar shreds
2 bags of vegan mozzarella shreds
1 package of vegan sandwich cheese

These items are things that my husband really likes.  They've helped us transition to a vegan diet.
From this I will get 6 meals from the ground "beef" and many add ons to meals from the cheese.

From Aldi I bought these things for our storage:
12 cans organic garbanzos
12 cans organic fire roasted tomatoes
12 cans organic tomato sauce
12 cans of black beans
8 cans of organic diced tomatoes

Each of those was on sale from .49 to .79.

I also added a few other things to our pantry storage.
2 cans of chipotle peppers
3 jars of marinated artichoke hearts
2 boxes of golden raisins
2 boxes of wheat crackers
4 packages of gnocchi (8 meals worth)
1 jar of organic salsa
1 container of chili powder
2 jars of Kalamata olives

Each of the things added to the pantry are easy to work into quick meals.  I find that having things on hand keeps me out of the store.  I've also found that eating a vegan diet has actually simplified my shopping.

For the perishables we bought:
2 bags of bagels (time wise I just don't have time to make my own right now)
Ciabatta rolls (a splurge)
2 bags of honeycrisp apples
6 kiwi
1 container of blueberries
2 containers of strawberries (from here on out frozen will have to do)
Cilantro
Asparagus
6 bell pepper
4 zucchini
1 container of organic spinach
1 container of organic grape tomatoes
A bag of yellow onions
A bag of red onions
2 containers of soy milk
4 lbs of shredded cheese for my daughter

I think we are set for the next few weeks and my pantry is beginning to fill back up.



2 comments:

  1. Stocking up and keeping a full pantry generally helps me stay out of the store, too. I decided to reorganize my pantry this past weekend and I think that is helpful, too. When it gets as messy and jumbled as it was I just don't know what I have and then end up buying stuff I don't need.

    I don't think I've ever seen garbanzo beans at my Aldi; I will have to look when I shop there today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always amazed at how quickly my pantry gets disorganized. Every few months I have to stop and spend a little time working in it. I have a little help in the disorganization, but rarely do they help in the organizationšŸ˜‰

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...