Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Experimentation in Progress

Sometimes I crave comfort foods.  In trying to maintain a plant based diet I find myself missing some of my old favorites....not necessarily the meat, but more the feelings I associate with the dish.  I haven't been feeling 100% go gettem' and "chicken and rice" is a childhood comfort food I really wanted.

I experimented to see if I could come up with a vegan substitute for that feel.


"Chicken and Rice" Risotto.....and my trusty pressure cooker came to the rescue.

It was delicious!  I ended up with enough for leftovers for the next day's lunch.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week's Frugalities

We were traveling last week, but we allow for that in a separate budget from our household stuff.  In no particular order:  1.  I did pa...