Saturday, October 15, 2016

Trying to get in Extra Veggies


I'm trying to get in extra veggies today.  I ate well yesterday, but woke up with a slight sore throat.  Sadly it is that time of year.  I'm hoping the extra veggies will help naturally boost my immune system.

I started out the morning with a cup of pumpkin coffee with soy milk.  Then I made myself scrambled tofu for breakfast. A yummy mix of carrots, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and spinach to round it out.  This is such an easy meal to prepare and is really quite tasty.



For mid morning snack I went with an apple.  Easy to grab and go.
Lunch had to be a quick grab and go kind of thing, too.  Daughter requested Boca Chick'n Patties and we went with that.  Not as good for me, but I still feel like it is better than grabbing something out.

I planned supper to maximize time savings and up the veggie count.  I used the crockpot to continue with my theme of cook once and eat twice.  I put on an Italian pasta sauce to go over zucchini noodles.  I went heavy on the tomatoes -- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes, 1 can of diced, and 1 can of sauce.  I added in sautéed onion, bell pepper, and garlic.  A tablespoon or so of dried Italian seasoning blend and a drop of olive oil finished it off.  Spiralizing the noodles and lightly cooking them won't take long at all.





My daughter got up this morning and announced that today was National Dessert Day.  Who comes up with these things?  LOL. Anyway, we decided to bake some muffins in honor of the day....because any excuse will do.


2 comments:

  1. Your spaghetti sauce looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've never added a can of fire roasted tomatoes before, but they seemed to add an extra layer of depth to the taste. I'll definitely be using them again in the future.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...