Thursday, January 25, 2018

Chatter and Organization

My class schedule is extremely full right now.  Between my two courses we will have covered 14 chapters by the end of this weekend.  The good news is I am staying so busy I don’t have time to fret about it.  I just do it and go.  The bad news is some kind of flu bug hit me last weekend, and I have been slow to bounce back.  Today is Thursday, and this is the first day I have felt human since last Saturday.   I spent most of my day working on school work, but after a while I needed a mental break.  I tackled a lingering project.  


I put this thing together and organized my shelf of extra spices.
While this wasn’t difficult to put together, I am torn about recommending it.
Time will tell how it sturdy it is.
For now I am willing to say that I like having my extras where I can get to them easily.
Before they were in a tupperware type container that I had to take down and pull through every time I needed to rotate something out of that cabinet.


The end results.


This cabinet holds all my bigger containers.  The top are unopened and the middle are in various stages of use.
As if that is not enough, these are the spices I go through quickly enough that I am willing to chance leaving them out full time.


It looks like a motley collection, but they are all used quite regularly.
Several bottles have been refilled multiple times using the contents of containers I buy from Sam’s Club.


 

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm . . I am intrigued by that spice storage system. Where did you buy it? I see that it's available thru Amazon, Walmart, Bed, bath and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered mine from Amazon. I confess I rarely go into Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and I don’t recall having seen one in my local Walmart, but I wasn’t specifically looking either. I debated back and forth between this (which is plastic) and something metal. I finally decided that even though the plastic may not last as long I would probably like being able to adjust it more than not. I played with it in two different spots before deciding to go with that one.

      Delete
  2. I hope you are feeling better, Shara. I like how you've organized your spices.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...