Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Opening Food Storage


We don’t keep a lot of food storage on hand, but I do have a few items for hurricane season.
I try to rotate them on a regular basis.  
This one had been lingering and I decided today would be a good day to try it —
A quick and easy dessert.


It came with 3 pouches of raspberry mix, 3 pouches of chocolate cookie crumbs, and 3 “cooking” bags.
Directions are simple.  
Open the raspberries, add boiling water, and wait 5 minutes.
It can be served hot or cold with the cookies sprinkled on top.

Since this was not an emergency situation I altered it slightly.
I poured the raspberries in a dish that has a tight fitting lid, added my boiling water, and stirred.
I put the lid on and let it sit until I was ready to serve it.


A quick dollop of whipped cream because dessert is always better with whipped cream.
My husband loved it!

I have two more packages that I will try to rotate in our meals over the next month or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...